Museums

Laboratorium museoa. Bergara

laboratoriumBergarako Erret Mintegiak utzitako bilduma zientifikoak erakusten ditu museo berriak: XVIII. eta XIX. mendeetako zientzia bildumak, fisika, kimika, geologia, giza anatomia eta zoologia arlokoak.

Kokapena: Errekalde jauregia. Bergara


 

 

 

 

 

 

Informazio gehiago hemen: Laboratorium

Ordutegia:

Irailaren 17tik - Ekainaren 30era
Astelehena - Asteartea itxita
Asteazkena - Osteguna: 10:00-14:00
Ostirala - Larunbata: 10:00-14:00/16:00-19:00
Igandea eta jai egunak: 10:00-13:00

Uztailak 1etik - Irailaren 16ra
Astelehena - Larunbata: 10:00-14:00/16:00-19:00
Igandea eta jai egunak :10:00-13:00


Urtarrilak 1 eta 6 itxita
Pentekoste jaiak itxita
Irailak 16 itxita
Abendua 24/25/31 itxita

Kontaktua This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it 943 769 003
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
   

Dinbi, Danba, mailukaren hotsa

DINBI_DANBA

Arrasateko erakusketa.

Bixente Barandiaran Arrasateko azken errementariari eskeinitako erakusketa Harresi Aretoan.

Harresi Aretoa Iturriotz Kalea, 35 www.arrasate.eus/dinbidanba

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Erakusketan, Bixente Barandiaran, Mentu, (1922-2004) Arrasateko azken errementaria plano gertuago batetik ezagutu eta  XX. Mendeko Arrasateko testuinguru nahasian kokatzeko abagunea izango dugu; sutegi baten simulazioa, perratzaile ofizioaren nondik norakoak eta Arrasaten hain garrantzitsua izan den metalgintzaren tradizioa dira erakusketa osatzen duten  atalak

 

Erakusketa iraunkorra:

- Osteguna eta ostirala; 17:00-20:00

- Larunbata; 10:30-13:30

 

SARRERA DOAN

Bisita gidatuak egiteko aukera

Harresi Aretoa

Iturriotz kalea,35. Arrasate

Kontaktua This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

943252020 Kultura Arrasateko Udala

943252000 Arrasateko Udala

 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
   

Txokolatearen interpretazio gunea

logogastronomikaKalebarria kalea, Oñati.

 

Uztaila eta iraila:

- Astelehenetik larunbatera: 10:30-13:30

- Igandeetan: 11:00-13:30

- Astelehenetik ostegunera: 17:00-20:00

- Ostiraletan: 17:00-19:00

 

Abuztua:

- Astelehenetik igandera: 10:30-14:00  Bisita gidatua: 12:00

- Astearte eta ostegunetan: 18:00-19:15   Bisita gidatua: 18:15

 

 

Taldeentzako aurrez eskatutako bisitak,  deitu: 605 76 35 95

E-maila: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it


AddThis Social Bookmark Button
   

Memoria Historikoaren Euskal Interpretazio Zentroa

Elgetako Espaloia Antzokian Memoria Historikoaren Euskal Interpretazio Zentroa

aurkitzen da. Interpretazio Zentroa soilik bisita gidatuarekin ikusi daiteke.

Puntu honetan Intxortako magaletik doan ibilbide tematikoa hasten da.

 

Ibilbidearen informazioa hemen: www.elgetamemoria.com

 

Ibilbide tematikoaren bisita gidatua egiteko aukera dago:

Bisita gidatuak  2016an:  hileko lehenengo domeka (euskararaz) eta azkenengoan (elebiduna) bisita gidatuak egingo dira Memoria Historiakoaren Euskal Interpretazio Zentroak antolatuta.

Aldez aurretik apuntatu beharra dago ondorengo kontaktuetan (bisita egunaren aurreko ostiral eguerdia baino lehen):

943 79 64 63 - This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

 


AddThis Social Bookmark Button
   

Arantzazu parketxea

DSC01559The parketxe located in the Gandiaga Topgaunea building, besides welcoming the visitors, is also the interpretation centre of the Natural Park.
The permanent exhibit, the classrooms and the interactive resources serve to show the heritage hidden in the Natural Park.
These allow getting to know the underground world, penetrate in the forests or go deep into the evolution that occurred in the grazing livestock.

Hours open:

From November to March

From Tuesday to Sunday: 10:00-14:00
Saturdy: 10:00 – 14:00    16:00-18:00

April, May, June and October

From Tuesday to Sunday: 10:00-14:00   16:00-18:00

July, August and September

From Tuesday to Sunday: 10:00-14:00   16:00-19:00

 

Adress:

Arantzazu auzoa, Gandiaga II eraikina. 20567 Oñati

Contact:

943 78 28 94

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
   

Oñati-Arrikrutz cave

oati_-_arrikrutzeko_kobak

In Arrikrutz the caves of Oñati form part of the karst system of Gesaltza-Arrikrutz, located in the Aizkorri massif, at 400 m above sea level.


It deals with a cave formed in the limestone and dolomites of the upper Jurassic-lower Cretacic ages (between 154 and 96 million years ago). The system with 14 km of interconnected galleries and 6 superimposed floors is the largest cave of Gipuzkoa

The visit will be made to Gallery 53, located in the eastern sector of the Arrikrutz cave; a fossil gallery and former drain of the Aldaola River, it presents large galleries with interesting stalagmite concretions. The gallery of 390 m in length descends 55 m with an average slope of 9 degrees.

During the 60 minutes that the tour of the interior of the cave lasts, the system will permit taking on, in a fully educational and attractive way, such subjects as:
-Water and hydrology as sculptors of the cave.
-The Arrikrutz Cave as a fraction of the more than 15 km that make up the complex and vast karst system of Gesaltza-Arridrutz.
-The geological formation of the cave and the evaluation of its wealth; among which stand out an underground river and a gallery adorned with enormous stalactites.
-The origin of the mineral universe.
-Archaeological and paleontological findings in Arrikrutz (complete skeleton of a Cave Lion, partial skeletons and skulls of panthers, bear sites).)

It is recommended to make prior reservations.
Tel.: 943 08 20 00 / 943 78 34 53

emaila: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Hours open:

From Tuesday to Sunday.

March, May and October: 10:00-14:00 / 15:00-18:00
From June to Septembre: 10:00-14:00 / 15:00-19:00
From November to February: 10:00-14:00 / 15:00-17:00

*Long weekends, Easter Week and holidays: it will open in the June-September schedule.

 

 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
   

Zubiate Labea

zubiatetxiki

XIX. mendeko labe hau Kultur Intereseko ondasuntzat sailkatua du Eusko Jaurlaritzak eta Euskal Autonomia Elkartean gaur egunera arte iritsi den zeramika labe bakarrenetakoa da, Gipuzkoan gorde den bakarra.Labearen inguruan eta barruan aurkitutako zeramika zatiak aztertu ostean, ondoriozta daiteke erabilera arrunteko zeramika ekoizten zela bertan: katiluak, platerak … Gaur egun Bittoriano Larrañagaren etxeko buztinezko ontzien bilduma dago bertan.

 

 

 

Bisita gidatuak eskainiko dira eta buztinarekin tailerra egiteko aukera izango dute bisitara etortzen direnak. Bisita gidatuak aurrez eskatu behar dira.

Informazio bulegoa: Zubiaten bertan kokatuta dago Eskoriatzako informazio bulegoa, astelenetik ostiralera egongo da zabalik ondorengo ordutegian:  10:00 – 13:00

Zubiate Labea

Intxaurtxueta kaleta

943 71 54 53

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
   

Ibarraundi Museum

ibarraundi_museoa

Eskoriatzako Museo Eskola" was created and promoted by "Aitzorrotz Etnografiko Taldea" with the support of the City Council of Eskoriatza. From its commencement in the year 1983, its main objective was the appraisal and protection of our heritage and ethnography.


We begin our journey with the first ethnographic exhibit and achieving our objective, since from then on very few did away with the objects that they had saved for centuries. The majority were restored and they have them in their house as if it were a treasure and a few gave pieces to the Museum. With these and with the purchase made by the City Council of a collection of locksmith and hardware materials, as well as two splendid wood carvings, we begin our journey.

The design of our Museum, perhaps not very orthodox in those times, where instead of "do not touch" and "silence please", we proposed that all their senses be used: not only sight but also touch, smell...even taste, using workshops and audiovisual means to understand and comprehend better our origins, our history. Today we realize that this availability offered by the Museum has been one of its attractions, not only for the youngest, but also for the adults.

In all the subjects exhibited the subject of the environment is present, as an element to which we all belong; knowing it, respecting it and protecting it is one of our goals.

In recent years we have taken a new step with the desire for tourism, taking the museum out of its four walls and extending it throughout Eskoriatza, so that the entire town is a Museum. With the help of the local authorities and other institutions, little by little our most significant heritage is being recovered: such as the palaces, churches, hermitages, mansions, megalithic monuments, forests, bridges, foundries and ethnographic elements such as kilns, sinks... restoring them, creating itineraries with signs in order to be visited.

At this time, after the acquisition by the city council of the Ibarraundi Palace from the sixteenth century, its restoration commenced. Next to it an ethnographical park will be created in which will be present the trades and handicrafts that were the base and reference.

 

Hours open:

From Tuesday to Friday: 9:00 – 14:00
Guided visits are arranged upon request

Ibarraundi Museum
Tel.: 943 71 54 53

E-maila: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
   

Salt Museum

gatz_museoa

The Salt Museum is located a bit more than 250 metres from the town of Leintz Gatzaga, at the foot of the ancient castle of Dorleta –today a Sanctuary–, constructed to defend its population and its salt production.

 

 

SALT IS THE LIFE OF LENIZ


The activity around its salt spring was for centuries "the salt of life" of Leniz; it brought about its origin and even gave it its name.

The cold and humid climate of the town did not favour the salt exploitation being done by solar evaporation, a characteristic that differentiates it from many other salt-producing towns, but rather it comes from a meticulous process of heating water with firewood.

The so-called "white gold" has been an appreciated economic asset as it possesses essential properties for human and animal nutrition, as well as its use for the preservation of food. Today more than 14,000 direct or indirect uses are recognized for it today.

The history of the evolution of its exploitation is recreated at this site, rehabilitated to show the different methods used since the Iron Age up to 1972, the date when the salt production closed because of the heavy competition from marine salt.

EVOLUTION OF THE PROCESS


1. The Iron Age
There is no record of at what time human beings became aware of the existence of the salt spring and learned to take advantage of its properties, but thanks to the archaeological remains found next to the spring (a coin from the time of the Iberians, remains of Roman ceramics, salt crystals, pieces of wood...), we can be sure that in the Iron Age it was being exploited.

2. Sixteenth century. The dorla
According to a document that dates back to the 16th century, the salt mines were composed at that time of a well where the salty water was stored and eight houses –called dorlas– where eight iron cauldrons were found, of the same name, in which the salty water was poured. Thanks to the heat produced by the burning of firewood that was placed under them, the water evaporated and only the salt was left.

The production was carried out only from July to December. The rest of the year, the frequent rains considerably reduced the salinity of the spring and its exploitation was not profitable. These months of "holiday" were used to gather firewood from the lush communal forests. Today, this salt mine neighbourhood has taken the name of Dorla.

 

3. Eighteenth century. The bucket wheels

In 1834, some devastating floods in the valley destroyed the salt mine and ended their manual exploitation. Ownership of the production passed to the company Productos Leniz, which took advantage of the reconstruction to expand the installations and introduce a hydraulic system to drain the water from the saline well –of 7 metres of depth- and channel it to one of the dorlas: the bucket wheel (of which an exact replica is in the museum).

It is in this period when the actual industrial phase of its exploitation began.


4. Twentieth century. The industrial era
Around 1920, the last major remodelling of the installations took place in which the force of the bucket wheel was substituted by a motor pump that extracted the water from the saline well and took it to the tanks constructed on a knoll, above the factory level, which supplied, by gravity, four hoppers, connected together and vacuum injected, that directly evaporated the water and allowed the salt to fall to the bottom and come out ready to be drained by the centrifuge.
This significant investment, however, only managed to increase the production by 25%, reaching 728 t per year, an amount that was not sufficient to confront the fierce competition of marine salt which had lower costs but less quality. In a last effort, the factory diversified its production towards bleach and chlorine, a strategy that only slowed down the definitive closing of Productos Leniz, in 1972, in this way putting an end to more than 1,500 years of exploitation of the salt mines.

Hours open:

Hours of guided visits:
Saturdays, Sundays and holidays: 12:00 (in Euskera) and 13:00 (in Spanish)

During the week only by prior reservation:.
Tel.: 665 73 95 50

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
   

San Miguel Mill

sanmigel-errota1

The San Miguel mill in Oñati belongs to the stately complex of the Monastery of San Miguel, on which its lay owners, the Count and Countess of Oñate, had the right to receive tithes.


In the 15th century, they owned at least three mills located in the valley, those of Olalde (coming from another powerful local family: the Lazarraga), Linazibar and that of San Miguel, these last two were cited in documents for the first time in 1440 and 1432, respectively. The nobleman's farmers and those that had their plots and houses on land owned by the monastery were obliged to go to the San Miguel mill to grind their grain. This stately right meant a heavy charge for the peasants, for which reason they tried to confront this right either by disobeying it or by bring lawsuits against it. In this case the first lawsuit against the obligation to use the mill in the Count's installations goes back to 1482, being successively reopened in 1583, 1627, 1658 and 1741. The last agreement between peasants and the Count for this reason was linked to the right that the Count and Countess had to receive the tithe, as patrons of the church.


In 1983 the City Council of Oñati acquired the ancient San Miguel mill from the convent of nuns of St. Ann and in 1997 it was torn down in order to build an apartment building, in whose lower floor the archaeological remains were kept that were left of the flour exploitation. The San Miguel mill-museum cares for the original elements; it has incorporated pieces from other places, and in order to complete the set has fabricated some new pieces following the models from different origins.
The location and global structure of the device should be highlighted as original elements: the "aldapara" or tank that collected the water used to move the mill still remains, although the flow conductor or channel has disappeared. The last flour-grinding stone that was used in the mill remains visible, although because it broke in two it could not be used.


The stones that ground corn and its corresponding iron turbine, as well as those used for wheat and also the hoist used to change the stones come from Narbaizabolu-Goikoa, in Bergara. The wooden turbine, which was ruined in the aforementioned mill, was reconstructed in beech wood, as a replica of the original.


As for the hoppers or boxes, in the shape of an inverted cone, where the grain was placed which fell to the stones to be converted into flour, they have been made by taking as a model those of the Lastur-Goikoa mill, from Lastur, Deba.
For the purpose of being able to observe the complete milling process, the corresponding box that covers one of the sets of mill stones has been removed. The operation of the turbines also remains that, moved by the water, activate the shafts and the turning stones that grind the grain.

 

Telephone: 943 78 34 53

AddThis Social Bookmark Button